“POPnology presents great examples of the convergence between popular culture and current technology,” said Maurice Bitran, PhD, CEO and Chief Science Officer, Ontario Science Centre. “From Jules Verne to Back to the Future, popular culture has an uncanny power to foreshadow technological developments. POPnology displays these triumphs of the human imagination in a compelling, interactive and entertaining way.”
- Hands-on robotics
- Virtual projection games
- Futuristic musical instrument technology
- Immersive games, including virtual reality gaming
- A screen-accurate replica jetpack from Disney™’s The Rocketeer
- A screen-accurate DeLorean time machine
- Robotic arm interactives
POPnology is divided into four thematic areas:
- How We Play: Examines entertainment technologies and their impact on how people spend their leisure time.
- How We Connect: Presents the communications technologies that helped usher in a new era with the birth of social media — the game changer of the 21st century.
- How We Move: Explores the history and evolution of human transport and includes a detailed overview of the advances that have transformed the way we move around the planet.
- How We Live & Work: Showcases fascinating innovations currently shaping our lives, many of which were predicted long ago in books and movies.
POPnology runs to August 6 and is included with general admission.
POPnology® was created by Stage Nine Exhibitions and is distributed by Exhibits Development Group.