Why work with us?
The Canadian Association of Science Centres is a registered charity that serves more than 70 member organizations across the country in both English and French. Our members include Science Centres, Museums, Planetariums, Aquariums, Zoos, Makerspaces and other informal science engagement organizations, industry supporters and individuals.
We envision a thriving science and innovation culture of engaged citizens across Canada. Our mission is to empower a national network of organizations that champion Science and Innovation by making science approachable, relevant, and accessible. We do this by sharing inclusive best science engagement practices, cultivating an ecosystem approach, helping to scale innovative initiatives, and helping drive policy change to recognize and value the informal science learning and public engagement sector.
We are a diverse, close-knit team dedicated to making science accessible by supporting our science centre and museum members and through online campaigns.
- Lifelong learning is fundamental for a thriving science and innovation culture.
- Informal science engagement is critical to improving science literacy and promotes critical thinking.
- Diverse participation and representation are essential and encouraged.
- Social relevance and trust are foundational to effective public science engagement.
- Collaboration is necessary to tackle global and local challenges.
- Motivation We find inspiration in the organizations we work with and missions we support.
- Inclusion We thrive in an inclusive culture where people feel respected and valued for who they are as an individual or group.
- Collaboration We flourish when we bring people with different perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds together.
- Innovation We make things better in ways that benefit everyone through consultation, testing, and iteration.
- Improvement We encourage continuous inquiry, learning, and practice.
- Impact We grow our impact through evidence-based decisions.
- Flexible arrangements and remote work*
- A fun and inclusive environment
- Competitive compensation including health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for learning and professional development
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference!
*We provide required technology
CASC has a requirement for employees to be fully vaccinated whether they are working remotely or on-site. This is a condition of employment and it applies to all full-time, part-time and contract employees.